Call for Breakout Session Proposals
Each spring, we issue a call for presentation proposals along with suggestions to inform their development. Below reflects our most recent call.
2018 Proposals: Closed
The WSSDA Annual Conference Planning Committee invites school directors, board-superintendent teams, and educational professionals to submit a proposal for an hour-long breakout session. We hope this year’s theme–Embrace Your Influence–will show up in multiple ways in conference presentations. They could be geared toward a school director or student, and the content may be as subtle as an attitude or as overt as a policy. More ideas about the theme are on the conference home page.
Breakout session proposals are most likely to be selected if they:
- Offer action steps and replicable ideas for the success of our students and schools
- Incorporate student voice
- Include school directors and/or students in the presentation team
- Celebrate recent accomplishments in public education
- Describe the school board’s role in starting or maintaining the process submitted
We encourage proposals on student safety and well-being as a special area of focus this year. Examples include social-emotional learning (SEL), and school safety policies, planning, and practices.
The strand descriptions below provide an abundance of possibilities for submissions. We look forward to receiving yours!