WSSDA Online Privacy Statement
- Acceptance of Terms. Welcome to this website (“website”) which is published by WSSDA. Use of this website is voluntary. By using this website, you consent to the collection and use of your personally identifiable information (“PII”) and non-personal information as described in this Online Privacy Statement. This Online Privacy Statement only governs the use and disclosure of information collected through this website.
- Non-Personal Information WSSDA Collects From You. WSSDA automatically collects information about your Internet connection, including but not limited to:
- The Internet Protocol (IP) address and name of the Internet domain you used to access the Internet;
- The IP address of the website from which you linked directly to a WSSDA website;
- The date and time you accessed a WSSDA website;
- The pages you visited; and
- The web browser and operating system you used to access a WSSDA website.
This information (“non-personal information”) does not identify you personally. WSSDA uses this non-personal information to monitor the effectiveness of this website and to consider potential improvements to this website.
- Personally Identifiable Information WSSDA Might Collect From You. WSSDA may request that you voluntarily provide certain personally identifiable information (“PII”) to participate in the password-protected areas, download information, join WSSDA mailing lists, engage in payment transactions, or for other purposes (as defined in the Website Terms and Conditions of Use). WSSDA does not collect any PII about you when you visit this website unless you give WSSDA that information. You may choose not to provide PII via this website.
WSSDA is a state agency, and as such, subject to the laws governing the Preservation and Destruction of Public Records (RCW 40.14). As WSSDA determines is appropriate, WSSDA will maintain or destroy PII you voluntarily provide.
- Use of Your Personally Identifiable Information. Unless there are restrictions on the use of your PII or unless WSSDA tells you otherwise, WSSDA (or third parties engaged by WSSDA) may use your PII to:
- Administer your participation in this website;
- Communicate information WSSDA thinks may be of interest to you;
- Fulfill your requests for services or materials;
- Conduct research or surveys;
- Respond to subpoenas, court orders or legal process; and
- Establish or exercise WSSDA’s legal rights or defend against legal claims.
- Sharing Your Information. Through display, WSSDA may disclose your PII to other authorized users of this website. WSSDA may use third party service providers and suppliers to facilitate this website and the services WSSDA provides, and they may have access to PII. Authorized users are WSSDA employees or third parties who have been granted access and have a need to know the information collected in order to fulfill WSSDA’s mission. WSSDA may disclose PII to other affiliated institutions and/or if WSSDA is required to do so by law. WSSDA is a state agency, and as such, WSSDA is subject to the Washington Public Records Act, RCW 42.56. As WSSDA determines it is appropriate to do so, WSSDA will disclose PII requested pursuant to this law.
- Linked Sites. WSSDA may provide links on this website to other sites of interest. Your use of such linked websites is subject to the privacy statements of the providers of those websites. WSSDA encourages you to be aware when you leave this website and to read the privacy statements of each website you visit.
- Security Measures. WSSDA works hard to protect the security of the information that you provide to WSSDA. While WSSDA strives to protect your information through measures that protect WSSDA systems, such security cannot be guaranteed. Consequently, WSSDA does not ensure or warrant the security of information you transmit, and you do so at your own risk.
- Reviewing Information. You may contact us via one of the contact methods described in the Website Terms and Conditions of Use if you wish to discuss any issues regarding your PII.
- Changes. WSSDA may change this Online Privacy Statement from time to time. If WSSDA does make a change, WSSDA will post the revised Online Privacy Statement on this website. WSSDA encourages you to review this Online Privacy Statement periodically.
Questions, comments or complaints about the WSSDA Online Privacy Statement should be submitted to WSSDA via the methods described in the Website Terms and Conditions of Use.